The biomedical industry was among the first to emerge as one of the sectors for additive technologies because they offer opportunities in terms of:
- product customization on human bodies geometric and functional parameters
- it is possible to adapt the design of the component according to medical imaging data.
- it is possible to make prostheses that perfectly simulate the shape of the articular head
- it is possible to print bio-compatible and difficult-to-machine materials such as titanium
- it is possible to realize geometric features that are somehow compatible with human tissues, for example trabecular structures.
- Orthopedic and dental prostheses, solutions for sports and rehabilitation activities can be realized.
- Preparation equipment for surgical operations and training of medical personnel.